Tuesday, July 2, 2013

CRIMSON SKIES


CRIMSON SKIES
There is a lookout between Muir Woods and Stinson Beach, off of California’s Highway 1, where I usually go to watch the sunset after I finish hiking in the area.  This spot has become a tradition for me to go to. It casts some of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. The colors that emerge from the skies in the area on a clear day are indescribable and almost foreign to the eye. The water takes on the color of the sky, changing and blending from one color to the next. On one special day I was lucky enough to capture a photo of the sky almost completely red and yellow and the water a shade of orange that can’t be described. It was beautiful and will be something that I will never forget.
“There was something about that day. The sky was not the same. I felt sadness as I gazed up to the heavens. A dark shadow was among the flurry. The white clouds became the canvas for the sky; every shade of red and yellow imaginable came to life, blanketing the shadows casted by the darkness coming in.”


No comments:

Post a Comment